You can’t really go wrong with a Honda Civic of this era, you just can’t expect to have a lot of fun behind the wheel.
The Honda Civic is among the most popular cars on the pre-owned market and with good reason. The 2015 Honda Civic was the last model-year of the 9th-generation Civic before Honda introduced the completely redesigned model with have today. The 2015 Civic was offered as an Si and a hybrid, but we will focus our attention on the more popular DX, LX, EX, EX-L and Touring models.
These were powered by a 1.8-liter, four-cylinder engine with 143 horsepower and 129 pound-feet of torque. Honda used that engine for the better part of 3 years and the overall mechanics of the 2015 Civic hadn’t changed for roughly a decade. That means that the Civic wasn’t the most modern of compact sedans at the time, but in return its engine was reliable and performed diligently. With a combined fuel consumption rating of about 7.2 liters per 100 kilometers, it was also quite efficient.
The Honda Civic has become sportier and more fun to drive in recent years, but the 2015 edition put comfort first. It was among the quietest and most refined vehicles found in its segment, but it wasn’t the sharpest on a winding road.
There was no Honda Civic Hatchback version back in 2015, but the Civic sedan does have plenty of interior space up front. The rear seats are ok and the trunk, with 353 liters, is just average.
What the 2015 Honda Civic Does Well
- Unmatched reliability. Unless you’re very unlucky, you won’t have any problems with your 2015 Civic.
- Impressive fuel consumption. The 2015 Civic was one of the most efficient cars back when it was new.
- Modern interior layout still looks almost new four years later.
- Affordable ownership costs.
- A comfortable refined ride.
What the 2015 Honda Civic Doesn’t Do So Well
- Unless you go with the Si version, you probably won’t have a lot of fun driving your 2015 Honda Civic.
- Not a lot of trunk space.
- 143 horsepower seems decent on paper, but this is not a fast car.
What We Tell Our Friends About the 2015 Honda Civic
Like any Civic, there’s nothing bad about it and there’s really nothing you need to watch out for. There are a ton of them out there as well so you should be able to strike a bargain. Get it inspected like any pre-owned car, but you can leave the dealership with peace of mind if you buy a 2015 Honda Civic.