The 2019 Mustang Bullitt is the third of its name and continues to serve as an homage to one of the coolest dudes to ever walk the Earth, Steve McQueen. Fifty years ago, McQueen drove a dark Highland green 1968 Ford Mustang GT Fastback with a 390ci V8 in the movie Bullitt. That year, it was one of the top grossing Hollywood movies. The 10-minute long chase scene has gone down in history as one of the best ever to grace the silver screen.
This latest Bullitt is not only meant as a tribute but this apex of the Mustang GT is designed to give enthusiasts an alternative to the fairly common-place GT. Let’s say you are in the market for a new ‘stang GT, should you even think about spending the extra $17k for the Bullitt?
Let’s break it down:
Why you should buy a 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt:
- Ford intends on building barely enough cars to supply the demand. This will make the 2019 Bullitt a rare sight, and potentially a collector car in time.
- If you’re thinking about adding any performance packages to your GT, the price gap shrinks drastically. See the first point for further justification
- The Bullitt is not just a Mustang. It comes with a story, a movie, a character and a legend. And this, on top of the Mustang’s already incredible story.
- As is, the car is loaded with some amazing tech. SYNC 3 could be reason enough to buy any new Ford. Also, it’s quick and sounds bananas!
- Look at it. Its minimalist and stealthy approach make it the sexiest modern Mustang.
Why you should not buy a 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt:
- $60k is still a considerable amount of money for a Mustang. Depending on the core reason for the purchase, a $65,000 BMW M2 is a far quicker track car.
- Ford’s ridiculously loaded steering wheel with oversized pods for controls and super-fat, good-grip-preventing spokes – If you plan on taking the car to the track and do not have André The Giant hands, this could be an issue.
- If you’re an undercover cop or detective and buy one of these, you’ll never not be noticed…
The new Bullitt is a fantastic automobile. Although we love the Chevy Camaro and Dodge Challenger and their respective cool versions, there’s only one Bullitt. There will only ever be one Bullitt. This is your chance to get a little piece of the legend.