Chevrolet plans to focus on sport utility vehicles moving forward and the new Blazer will be a big part of its new strategy.
We learned this week that the 2019 Chevrolet Blazer starting price will be set at $35,200 when the new two-seat mid-size SUV arrives before spring.
Chevy’s latest SUV will come standard with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine developing 193 horsepower. That said, the only really interesting engine is the 3.6-liter V6 that delivers 305 horsepower and that comes standard on the 2019 Blazer 3.6, Blazer RS and top-of-the-line Blazer Premier.
2019 Chevrolet Blazer Standard Equipment
- Heated front seats and remote start technology.
- Chevrolet infotainment system with 8-inch diagonal colour touchscreen.
- 4G LTE with available Wi-Fi® Hotspot3 (includes 3GB/one-month data trial).
- Apple CarPlay®3 and Android Auto™4 compatibility.
- Electronic locking glove box.
- Keyless Open and Start.
- Teen Driver.
- Rear Seat Reminder5.
- HD Rear Vision Camera6.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with rear vents.
- Heated, power-adjustable outside mirrors.
- Traction Mode Select.
- Adjustable rear sliding seat.
- Six-way manual driver seat.
- Five-passenger seating with 60/40-split second row.
- 18-inch wheels and tires.
- Up to 1,818 L (64.2 cubic feet) of max cargo space with the second row folded flat.
“The Blazer’s design offers customers a crossover that can exceed their needs, matching their unique personality,” said Steve Majoros, Chevrolet marketing director for Cars and Crossovers. “Blazer sets a new design language for Chevy’s crossover family and extends our momentum into one of the industry’s fastest-growing segments.”
All-wheel drive will be optional along with a panoramic sunroof, rear heated seats, heated steering wheel, wireless charging pad for mobile devices, rear-view mirror camera, adaptive cruise control and various other driver assistance technologies.
A nine-speed automatic is standard with both engines, and when properly equipped you can tow up to 4,500 pounds with the 2019 Blazer.
18-inch wheels are standard on the base model with 20-inch wheels being optional. These are standard on the RS and Premier with 21-inch rims found in the options catalogue. The RS trim will feature blacked-out trim and wheels as well as a black Chevrolet bow-tie logo un the grill.
We don’t know how much the Blazer will cost with the 3.6-liter V6 engine just yet, but there’s no question that’s the engine you’ll want to go with. The 193 horsepower available in the base engine just doesn’t seem like enough power.
2019 Chevrolet Blazer Images