The Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary Edition was unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show earlier this month. Available in July, pricing will start at $ 44,200.
The 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary Edition is, as its name suggests, an edition commemorating the arrival of the Convertible on the roads of the world in 1989.
Delivered in Orange Racing, Mazda mentions that the colour is meant to “represent sunrise and anticipation while staying true to the characteristics of a pure sports car.”
This special edition is based on a 2019 MX-5 GT and will be available in both RF and soft top versions. Its selling price will be $ 44,200 for the soft top version and $ 47,200 for the RF. Both variants will be available with a 6-speed automatic transmission or a 6-speed manual transmission.
In addition to the Orange exterior racing paint, the 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary Edition contains a host of exclusive features. Indeed, it comes with 17-inch Rays forged alloy wheels that were developed specifically for the MX-5 as well as a badge that displays the model’s serial number.
A total of 3,000 units of the Mazda MX-5’s 30th anniversary edition will be assembled by Mazda, 165 of which will be for Canada. They will hit the showrooms starting in July.
Here’s the list of exclusive features on the 30th Anniversary Edition :
- Racing Orange exterior paint
- 17-inch dark finish Rays forged alloy wheels
- 30th Anniversary badge (with serial number)
- Brembo front brakes (opposed piston design/unique rotor)
- Orange painted front and rear brake calipers
- Recaro sport seats (Nappa leather and Alcantara trimmed) and orange piping and stitching
- Alcantara door trim and lower instrument panel
- Orange color interior louvers
- Leather wrapped steering wheel with orange stitching
- Leather wrapped shift knob with orange stitching
- Leather wrapped parking brake handle with orange stitching
- Power, heated exterior mirrors (piano black)