Smoke show, Sinamon Stick, Frostbite and Hellraisin among available colors on the 2020 Dodge Challenger
Special commemorative edition celebrating 50th anniversary of the Challenger
Five engines offered including 6.2-litre supercharged V-8
The 2020 Dodge Challenger is getting some new features to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the famous muscle car. There’s a new 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition as well as a new color called Smoke Show.
The new Smoke Show color is a dark grey that will join other exclusive colors available on the Dodge Challenger and Charger including Sinamon Stick, Frostbite, and Hellraisin. The special colors were chosen by Dodge enthusiasts two years ago at the FCA Design Color Clinic and were subsequently put into production.
As for the 2020 Dodge Challenger 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition, there’s a lot to cover. The car will get a range of special touches to celebrate the Challenger’s half-century on the market including:
- Satin Black hand-painted hood and black-wrapped roof and decklid
- Model-specific fender badges and “Challenger 50th Anniversary” grille and spoiler badges in “Gold School” finish
- Illuminated Air Catcher headlamps with LED-illuminated “50” logos
- Satin Black fuel-filler door with heritage “FUEL” lettering
- Satin Back “DODGE” taillamp badge
- Instrument panel (IP) badge with “Challenger50” logo
- “Gold School” wheels are also featured on the Commemorative Edition:
- 20-inch by 9-inch on Challenger R/T models
- 20-inch by 9.5-inch on Challenger Scat Pack 392 models; optional on R/T models with Performance Plus Group
- 20-inch by 11-inch on the Challenger Scat Pack 392 Widebody model
Heated and ventilated Nappa leather seats with Alcantara, Alcantara door bolsters, carbon fiber trim, white-faced gauges, and a startup animation showing the 1970 Challenger are also part of the 50th Anniversary special edition.
The 2020 Dodge Challenger comes in 8 versions in Canada: SXT, SXT AWD, GT, GT AWD, R/T, Scat Pack 392, SRT Hellcat, and SRT Hellcat Redeye.
Powering the SXT and GT models is a 3.6-litre V-6 with 303 horsepower while a range of V-8 engines power the R/T (5.7-litre V-8), Scat Pack 392 (392 HEMI V-8), and SRT Hellcat and SRT Hellcat Redeye (6.2-litre V-8) versions.