- New 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB compact SUV arrives in Q1 of 2020 priced at $43,990.
- The 250 will include Benz’s 4MATIC AWD system as standard whereas in the US, it is optional.
- A well-equipped unit will cost $50,000.
We suspect that there’s a long list of current GLA and GLC drivers, as well numerous luxury SUV shoppers who are very much looking forward to the end of their current leases. The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB 250 is only a few months away and now that we know the pricing, it almost seems like a bargain.
We say bargain because the current 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC sports a starting price of $43,600! Between you and I, the old compact M-Benz platform that underpinned the GLA and CLA, for example, is nowhere near as refined as the one recently introduced with the all-new A-Class, CLA and now GLB.
We reviewed the small rugged-ish looking SUV and are convinced it will be quite popular. There will be a number of options on tap and will be priced as follows:
- Premium Package – $3,300 (2x 10.25-inch display screens, “Hey, Mercedes’ keyword activation, Apple CarPlay, Android auto, power-folding side mirrors, etc.)
- Sport Package – $1,700 (AMG body styling, AMG wheels, sport brakes, sport seats)
- Night Package – $2,200 (AMG body styling, gloss black exterior accents, AMG wheels)
- Technology Package – $1,600 (Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC, LED headlamps)
- Navigation Package – $1,100 (MB navigation, augmented reality for navigation)
With this information in hand, we expect the 2021 Mercedes-AMG GLB 35’s pricing to start at or around the $50,000-$52,000 mark. It is slated to arrive in late Q3 next year.