The 2021 Jeep Wrangler lineup will face its first direct rival this year in the form of the new Bronco
Jeep has moved a few things around to offer more equipment in the Sport trim
Wrangler gets improved tech as well
For the first time in years, the Jeep Wrangler will have some competition in 2021.
With the Ford Bronco coming next week, the Wrangler will have its first true rival.
To make sure that buyers still take a look at the Wrangler (not that they will ever stop), Jeep has moved a few features around to pack more value in the Sport model, added tech from the Jeep Gladiator, and made the Rubicon even more capable off road.
The news comes to us from Mopar Insiders who received the info from some of its dealer sources.
Among the changes made to the 2021 Jeep Wrangler, we have:
- Sport models will now offer the Selec-Trac full-time transfer case from the Jeep Wrangler Sahara which can alternate from 2WD to 4WD automatically when conditions require it.
- A full-time Rock-Trac system is added to the 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.
- The Forward Facing Camera from the Jeep Gladiator will be offered on top Wrangler models.
- Tire fill-alerts will be available on Wrangler models with the 7-inch Uconnect infotainment screen. These alerts warn the driver with the horn when the desired air pressure is reached in the tire.
- The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S will get more standard features including Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, 7-inch Uconnect infotainment, A/C with automatic temperature contro, and SiriusXM radio.
- Wrangler Rubicon models will get Off-Road Plus driving mode from the Gladiator.
- Two new colors, Hydro Blue and Snazzberry, a deep red/purple color, will be available.
- The 2.0-litre turbo won’t be paired with e-torque anymore.
None of these changes have been confirmed for Canada nor have they confirmed by Jeep for the US. We’ll let you know when we get more details.