- New LS7427/570 crate engine delivers 570 horsepower
- It will be easier to install
- Specific controller sold seperately
There’s a new Chevrolet LS7 crate engine in town, and it has its sights set on the Voodoo Ford engine and the Hellcat FCA engine. The latest LS7427/570 crate engine from Chevrolet is the most powerful engine ever released by GM, but that’s just where it starts.
Here are 5 things to know about the new crate engine.
It produces 570 horsepower and 540 pound-feet of torque
It has 65 horsepower and 70 lb-ft of torque more than the production engine
It features an F-body aluminium oil pan and comes with a simplified wet-sump oiling system for easier installation
It has to be used with the LS427/570 Engine Controller (part number: 19420000) which is sold seperately
It’s available to order right now
“The all-new LS427/570 builds on the legendary, racing-bred performance of the LS7 to create the most powerful naturally-aspirated LS crate engine in our portfolio,” said Jessica Earl, GM specialist marketing group manager.
Here are some other highlights of the Chevrolet LS7 crate engine taken from the press release on Chevrolet’s media website.
- Unique high-lift hydraulic roller camshaft with 0.591-inch intake/0.590-inch exhaust lift; 227-degree intake/242-degree exhaust duration; and a lobe separation angle of 116 degrees
- Unique high-rate valve springs
- Camaro fifth-generation Z/28 exhaust manifolds
- Low-profile LS7 EFI intake manifold with fuel rails, injectors and throttle body installed
- Robust LS7 rotating assembly featuring a forged steel crankshaft and titanium connecting rods
- CNC-ported cylinder heads featuring 2.20-inch titanium intake valves and 1.61-inch sodium-filled exhaust valves
- Fourteen-inch Camaro Z/28 168-tooth manual transmission flywheel
- Must be used with LS427/570 Engine Controller P/N 19420000 (sold separately)
- Chevrolet Performance recommends Mobil 1 15W50 fully synthetic motor oil to be used with the engine