Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Auto Shows & Events Byton M-Byte Debuts With Massive 48-Inch Center Touchscreen

Byton M-Byte Debuts With Massive 48-Inch Center Touchscreen

The official production version of the Byton M-Byte electric vehicle debuted today.

The Byton M-Byte is a Chinese electric vehicle set to launch in North America some time in 2021. It’s a fully electric car/wagon/SUV with the kind of tech to make even Tesla jealous.

Unveiled today at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show, the new Byton M-Byte features a massive 48-inch centre touchscreen, a secondary screen on the steering wheel, and a larger touchscreen that serves as the centre console.

The production version of the new electric Chinese vehicle is powered by a 72-kWh battery pack and a 268-horsepower electric motor with 224 miles of range, or just under 400 kilometres. An all-wheel drive version with a 95-kWh battery is said to offer just under 500 kilometres with 402 horsepower.

Other technology in the new Byton M-Byte includes rear-view cameras for improved visibility. Pricing for the M-Byte is expected to be around $45,000 in the U.S. which means roughly $55,000 in Canada.

Byton M-Byte interior
Byton M-Byte interior

Byton M-Byte unveiled
Byton M-Byte unveiled

Byton M-Byte unveiled
Byton M-Byte unveiled

Trending Now

Michelin To Become 100% Sustainable By 2050

By 2050, all Michelin tires will be made from renewable, recycled, biosourced, or otherwise sustainable materials. Today, nearly 30% of components used in...

Kia’s Connected Car System Down, Company Denies Ransomware Rumours

Uvo system not functioning for brand customers Reports say dealer ordering networks also affected Reports have surfaced of an issue with Kia's connected car...

Tesla Made Up Almost 80% Of All New EVs Registered In The US In 2020

Indeed, Tesla owns all things EV for now in North America. The exact dominating number is 79% of the market leaving only 21%...

Massive Hyundai EV Recall Requires Battery Replacement: Report

82,000 Kona EVs, some other models affected by fire risk Hyundai will replace battery packs in affected models A new report from Seoul says...

Mitsubishi Offering Help For Catless Car Shoppers

Cat gone for a prowl, why not get a new Mitsubishi instead? Offer an interesting way to help victims of increasingly common theft Automakers...
Charles Jolicoeur
Charles Jolicoeur
Charles Jolicoeur was studying to be a CPA when he decided to drop everything and launch a car website in 2012. Don't ask. The journey has been an interesting one, but today he has co-founded and manages 8 websites including EcoloAuto.com and MotorIllustrated.com as General Manager of NetMedia360. He also sits on the board of the Automotive Journalists Association of Canada. Send me an email

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.