Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Auto Shows & Events Compact Audi e-tron To Break Cover At The Geneva Motor Show

Compact Audi e-tron To Break Cover At The Geneva Motor Show

The VW Group is making good on its promise to introduce countless new EVs in the near future, and at the same time Audi may get a second e-tron all-electric SUV.

The second Audi e-tron would be smaller than the current model and serve as the entry-level electric luxury vehicle in Audi’s EV lineup.

Featuring just the one e-tron at the moment, the lineup could expand drastically in the next few months if Audi does indeed bring a smaller version to Geneva and then put the e-tron GT unveiled in Los Angeles into production down the road.

If you’re paying attention, Volkswagen and its subsidiaries are, not slowly but rapidly delivering numerous new electric vehicles. VW itself is set to shortly launch its first I.D. car, a compact hatchback, that looks like will serve as the basis for this new smaller crossover. We picture something that will more or less match the new Audi Q3 in size and physically be inspired by the handsome e-tron SUV.

These vehicles are based on Volkswagen’s MEB platform which is proving to be immensely versatile. Its ability to serve as a building block for cars and SUVs of nearly all sizes is creating economies of scale for the brand which, in turn, should make these products affordable.

There are no particular details spec-wise for this new compact e-tron however we assume that it will sport a 48- or 60-kWh battery and provide at least 300 km of range.

Trending Now

Lexus Adds V8 to 472 hp IS 500 F Sport Performance

First IS V8 since 2014's IS F Gets RC F power but not badge, hinting at IS F to come? Lexus made some big...

Tesla Made Up Almost 80% Of All New EVs Registered In The US In 2020

Indeed, Tesla owns all things EV for now in North America. The exact dominating number is 79% of the market leaving only 21%...

Nova Scotia Government Adds EV Incentives

Incentives cover new and used vehicles Up to $3,000 for buyers of electric vehicles, on top of fed incentive The number of provinces offering...

Mitsubishi May Reverse Leaving Europe Strategy

Last summer, Mitsubishi announced they were to scale back their presence in Europe. Renault could produce Mitsubishi vehicles at its French factories. Business hasn’t...

New Report Says Plug-In Ford Ranger Confirmed

A plug-in hybrid version is now confirmed for the next generation of the Ford Ranger. Except that it's not at all certain if that's...
Matt St-Pierre
Matt St-Pierre
Trained as an Automotive Technician, Matt has two decades of automotive journalism under his belt. He’s done TV, radio, print and this thing called the internet. He’s an avid collector of many 4-wheeled things, all of them under 1,500 kg, holds a recently expired racing license and is a father of two. Life is beautiful. Send Matt an emai

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.