- Genesis at Home delivers cars to potential buyers’ and owners’ doorsteps.
- Test drives, purchasing and delivery can be performed at home.
- Genesis’ concierge service picks up our car for maintenance and repairs, and leaves a courtesy car behind.
When Hyundai Motor decided to establish the Genesis luxury brand, it had ambitious goals of redefining the car purchase experience with a concierge service called Genesis at Home. It couldn’t be more relevant then now, while the world’s population has been instructed to stay at home.
Obviously, looking for a new car may not be in everyone’s mind or budget right now, but the idea is simple: instead of heading down to a dealership showroom—many of which are closed until the COVID-19 outbreak gets under control—car shoppers can ask Genesis to arrive on their doorstep with the model of their choice, and take it for a test drive. Purchasing and taking delivery of the vehicle is also performed at home, and when it needs scheduled maintenance or repairs, the company takes care of picking it up and returning it. It will even leave a courtesy car behind.
“We respect your time and your health by being the only Canadian automotive brand to bring you a fully online purchase experience,” says Genesis. “Through genesis.ca, you can complete your entire journey from browsing our latest models to finalizing your purchase. All of this can be done with complete confidence thanks to transparent, no-haggle pricing and an all-inclusive ownership experience for 5 years. Configure your vehicle, select accessories, have your trade-in vehicle appraised, and even complete a credit application, all from the comfort of your home.”
Genesis says a newly configured and purchased G70, G80 or G90 sedan can be delivered in a matter of weeks, thanks to the company’s national inventory. Deliveries of the 2021 Genesis GV80, the brand’s first SUV, will start in the second half of 2020.
In these challenging times, the automaker has also announced that the following measures will be taken for the Genesis at Home service:
- Increased individual measures such as frequent hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette and self-isolation when ill.
- Before each vehicle test drive, wiping down contact points in front of customers to keep them safe:
- Door handles, seatbelts, steering wheel, gear shift, temperature and audio controls
- Technicians working on vehicles will have gloves on at all times and will use protective seat and steering wheel covers.
- Service work orders can be emailed to customers in advance.
- Maintaining strict disinfecting procedures at all times and providing hand sanitizers for employees and customers.
- Closely monitoring the situation in your local community and encouraged to take all steps they feel are required in their respective areas – including temporary closure of their business.
While Genesis at Home has been offered since the brand starting operating in Canada, many other manufacturers are setting up their own concierge service during the coronavirus crisis, such as Cadillac and Volkswagen so far. Dealerships of various brands are also in the process of enabling at-home test drives as well.