General Motors finally unveiled all the base equipment in the 2020 mid-engine Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 1LT. For the price, you’re getting quite a lot.
Launched almost a month ago, the C8 Corvette caused quite a stir when its pricing was released. Indeed, with the full redesign, as well as being the first mid-engine Corvette ever, we thought the price will be much higher than the barely $5,000 more expensive price it comes at. In Canada, the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 will start at $69,998.
“Most people thought when we moved the Corvette to mid-engine it would no longer be attainable, but we knew we couldn’t mess with a winning formula and the 2020 Stingray proves it,” said Brian Sweeney, Chevrolet U.S. vice president.
The base 1LT 2020 Corvette will obviously come with the normally aspirated 6.2-litre V8 LT2 capable of 490-horsepower mated to an 8-speed dual-clutch automated manual transmission with paddle shifters. With that, even the 1LT is capable of 312 km/h (194 mph) top track speed.
“We’ve packed a lot of performance into the Corvette Stingray at this price when you consider an eight-speed dual-clutch transmission, Small Block V-8 and engine-mounted dry sump oil system are all standard,” said Tadge Juechter, Corvette executive chief engineer.
Here’s the rest of the standard equipment on the base 1LT 2020 mid-engine Corvette:
- 8-way power GT1 seats with Mulan leather.
- Removable body-colour roof panel.
- Front and rear E-boost assisted disc brakes with Brembo four-piston/two-piece front calipers and four-piston/monoblock rear calipers.
- Michelin Pilot Sport ALS run-flat performance all-season tires with tire pressure and temperature monitoring.
- Traction control with active handling and launch control.
- Keyless access with push-button start.
- Driver mode selector (Tour, Sport, Track, Weather, MyMode and Z-Mode).
- Dual-zone electronic climate control.
- Capless fueling.
- Cruise control.
- Dual power remote heated sport mirrors.
- Central locking interior storage – glove box / console.
- HD Rear Vision Camera and Rear Park Assist.
- Power pull-down hatch
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with power tilt and telescoping functionality.
- Bose 10-speaker premium sound system with 3-month Sirius XM free trial.
- 8-in diagonal colour touch screen with Chevrolet’s latest infotainment system.
- 12-in configurable colour cluster display.
- One-touch Bluetooth pairing through Near Field Communication.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capabilities.
- Steering wheel controls.
- OnStar one month trial.
- Power window express up/down.
- LED lighting with automatic headlamps.
- Cabin air filtration.