The big winners of this year’s AJAC Car And Utility Vehicle of The Year are the Jaguar I-PACE and Kia Stinger. The results have just been unveiled at the Toronto Auto Show.
The 2019 Jaguar I-PACE takes the AJAC Utility Vehicle of The Year award for its combination of design, technology and innovative powertrain. Jaguar has become a leader in EV vehicles, ahead of both Audi and Mercedes.
The 2019 Kia Stinger wins the AJAC Car of The Year honours and we’re not surprised. The Stinger’s combination of performance, value and styling has disrupted the luxury sedan segment’s status quo.
As far as industry awards go in Canada, these are the biggest and most influential. The Automobile Journalist Association of Canada is comprised of recognized industry experts and specialists and through year-long testing and dedicated test days, have crowned the best of the best.
Here are the category winners as announced last month:
- Best Small Car in Canada for 2019
- Best Large Car in Canada for 2019
- Best Mid-Size Premium Car in Canada for 2019
Mercedes-Benz E 400 4MATIC
- Best Large Premium Car in Canada for 2019
Volvo V90 R-Design
- Best Sports-Performance Car in Canada for 2019
- Best Small Utility in Canada for 2019
- Best Mid-Size Utility in Canada for 2019
- BestLarge Utility in Canada for 2019
- Best Mid-Size Premium Utility in Canada for 2019
- Best Pick-up Truck in Canada for 2019
Ford F150 Diesel
- Best EV in Canada for 2019
Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
- Best Premium EV in Canada for 2019