Friday, May 27, 2022
News New All-Electric Crossover From Volvo Coming in Early 2025

New All-Electric Crossover From Volvo Coming in Early 2025

The new US-made electric CUV will introduce a new EV platform for Volvo


  • It will be assembled at Volvo’s North Charleston plant in South Carolina.

  • The new vehicle will squeeze in between the XC60 and XC90 size-wise.

  • Volvo is headed towards all EVs by 2030.


Volvo’s plans to go full-EV are well underway. Sales of their electrified PHEV models are on the rise and their current EVs, the XC40 Recharge and C40 are selling well or sold out. The next step involves introducing new EVs and the next in line will be a Concept Recharge-inspired crossover.

Electric Volvo XC90 Replacement Called Embla: Report

This new CUV will be sized somewhere between the existing XC60 and XC90 SUVs. We’re intrigued by the use of the “crossover” classification as this new vehicle may very well turn out to be more V60 or V90 Cross Country than a typical SUV. At least this is our hope.

The new model, internally code-named V546 according to Automotive News, should be assembled at Volvo’s North Charleston plant in South Carolina. Global production should number around the 100,000-mark of which 40% will be built in North America and the remaining 60% will come from China.

The V546 may become the third EV assembled in SC alongside the next-generation XC90, an electric version of the XC60, not to mention the upcoming Polestar 3.

Trending Now

Goodyear is Working on Airless Tires that Could Arrive First on Autonomous Vehicles

These tires will be immune to punctures, since they feature an open design Goodyear says these tires will be able to support more...

Over 280,000 North American Hyundai Vehicles Recalled, 42,000 in Canada

Hyundai's U.S. arm has announced a recall campaign involving 281,000 vehicles in North America, approximately 239,000 in the United States and 42,000 in Canada....

The Always-Excellent Toyota 4Runner Turns 40

Toyota will introduce a Special Edition to mark the occasion. Only 4,040 will be available for the 2023 model year in the US,...

Fisker Teased the Pear Compact SUV

This second vehicle for Fisker is to be expected in 2024 The automaker claims the base price for this model will be $29,900...

EV Prices are on the Rise and the Increases are not About to Stop

Material costs are responsible for price jumps. Some automakers are holding off, but many have already passed the higher costs to their customers. The...
Matt St-Pierre
Trained as an Automotive Technician, Matt has two decades of automotive journalism under his belt. He’s done TV, radio, print and this thing called the internet. He’s an avid collector of many 4-wheeled things, all of them under 1,500 kg, holds a recently expired racing license and is a father of two. Life is beautiful. Send Matt an emai

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.