It’s been a while since we’ve seen a major redesign of the Nissan Pathfinder. The last time we saw a new model of the Pathfinder was back in 2015, which was when the Pathfinder took on a rather well-received redesign that made it stand out against its competitors with a bold, aggressive look. However, because the SUV market is one that changes rather quickly, it has become necessary for automakers to release new models to keep up with the latest trends. With that said, let’s take a closer look at why the 2022 Nissan Pathfinder is such a great SUV.
The Nissan Pathfinder is one of the most popular and iconic vehicles in the Nissan lineup. And for good reason. The Pathfinder is a valiant SUV that offers all of the features and amenities you need for a vehicle to meet your needs. This year, the Pathfinder has gone through an all-new redesign. It now has a bold, rugged exterior design that’s sure to turn heads. But it’s not just the exterior that is new. The interior has also been redesigned to be more comfortable, more versatile, and better equipped, including a new 12.3-inch digital dashboard and an available 10.8-inch Head-up Display. To add to these new features, there is also a new transmission that replaces the infamous CVT that was used in the previous generation of the SUV.
Indeed, even though the all-new Nissan Pathfinder is available with the same 3.5-litre V6 engine, which delivers 284 horsepower and 259 lb-ft of torque, the SUV is mated to an all-new 9-speed automatic transmission that helps it achieve a fuel economy of 11.6 L/100km (City), 9.2 L/100km (Highway). With its new Intelligent 4WD, the Pathfinder offers exceptional traction on both dry and wet surfaces, as well as in snow conditions, thanks, in part, to the 7-position Drive and Terrain Mode Selector.
Now, let’s see why you should or should not buy the all-new 2022 Nissan Pathfinder.
Why you should buy a 2022 Nissan Pathfinder:
- The new 9-speed transmission in the Nissan Pathfinder offers a smooth and buttery feel. The result is an immediate connection that provides a direct response with every shift.
- I really like the look of the new Pathfinder. There’s just something about its bold new design that sets it apart from other SUVs on the market. The optional two-tone paint job is a nice touch too!
- The new Intelligent 4WD with 7-position Drive and Terrain Mode Selector on the 2022 Nissan Pathfinder works well. During my time with it, I found myself testing most modes thanks to all of the weather I encountered. From snowy mountains roads to muddy terrain, these modes were put through their paces and passed with flying colours.
- The interior of the all-new Pathfinder is noticeably quieter than before, with laminated front glass, thicker 2nd-row glass, increased door and floor isolation and a 60% increase in engine noise absorption. The cabin is muted from almost all road noise.
- The 2022 Pathfinder offers a towing capacity of 6,000 pounds and Trailer Sway Control is standard.
- The Nissan SUV offers seating for up to 8 passengers and a 2nd-row captain’s chairs option. The new EZ Flex one-touch release fold allows easier access to the third row for kids and parents alike.
Why you should not buy a 2022 Nissan Pathfinder:
- As a father of three kids, I need a vehicle that can comfortably seat all of them. Unfortunately, the third row in the 2022 Pathfinder is lacking. It has less legroom than some competitors and feels cramped.
- The Pathfinder’s top trim is quite expensive when compared to its rivals. For example, the Palisade and Telluride offer a more rounded package for less money.
- The steering in the 2022 Pathfinder was vague and didn’t give me much feedback.
- The average fuel economy of my Pathfinder was a not very impressive 14.7L/100 km. While I understand that some of this was because I was often driving in the city, and we’re in the middle of winter, it’s still a long way away from Nissan’s advertised for city driving, 11.6L/100 km.
The new Nissan Pathfinder with its all-new bold and rugged design is quite a looker. The new 9-speed transmission not only gives you more driving pleasure, but it’s also miles away from the previous CVT. The Pathfinder has the same utility and versatility as its predecessors, with the third row of seats, plenty of interior space, and an easy-to-use infotainment system. With its powerful engine and luxurious interior, the 2022 Nissan Pathfinder is a great purchase for people on the go.