Ask any expert which winter tire is best, they will say Nokian. But what about summer tires?
Nokian creates one of the best winter tire money can buy. But Nokian summer tires are also a thing. The question is, should you buy a summer tire from a brand that is known for creating the most stable, more efficient winter tires around? Does cold weather expertise transfer to summer?
We reviewed Nokian Tyres (not a typo) zLine tires last year and came away impressed. But there are a lot of good tires out there, so let’s take a look at why you should buy this particular set.
Why You Should Buy Nokian zLine A/S Summer Tires
- They are very quiet. Nokian’s Silent Groove technology does a great job at quieting road noise. Even with the windows rolled down, you won’t hear any unexpected or annoying tire-related sounds.
- Just like Nokian’s winter tire technology that evacuates snow like nobody’s business, Nokian summer tires have wide grooves with a smooth base that are great at getting water away from the contact surface. In other words, these tires are among the best in wet conditions.
- We tested Nokian tires on an Audi A4 wagon and found that they were aligned with the car’s performance capabilities. They are W rated (270 km/h) not that it matters, and grip the road with confidence.
Why You Shouldn’t Buy Nokian Summer Tires
- They are very hard to find. Even if you have your heart set on new Nokian tires for summer, maybe because you love their winter tires as you should, you may not find them.
- Less size options as most other tire manufacturers.
- Like their winter sets, Nokian summer tires are more expensive than your average summer set.
- Nokian summer tires haven’t been around for that long. We don’t have too much data on how durable they are.
Who are Nokian Summer Tires For?
Buyers who have a decent summer tire budget who want a tire that’s among the best in comfort and wet grip. They are also among the better performance tires you can buy. If you can find them and afford them, go right ahead.