Cadillac has priced their new 2020 XT6 3-row luxury midsize SUV at $60,995, or what we think is $3,000 or $4,000 too much.
We now know the 2020 Cadillac XT6 price in Canada, and it hasn’t made us change our minds about Cadillac’s latest SUV. Our thinking behind criticizing the 2020 Cadillac XT6’s pricing is very simple: It’s not even out yet and on paper, it offers fewer goodies than the yet un-priced Lincoln Aviator, which will be its main competitor.
Just over a week ago, GM USA announced the US pricing for the new XT6 and already would could see that Cadillac was on the wrong track. When going to war, it’s important to be well equipped and we simply don’t see how Caddy is going to convince buyers to stop by their showrooms, over any competitor.
Let’s take a look at a few other competitors, like the very popular Infiniti QX60. Pricing starts at $49k and with nearly all the options, retails for about $58,000. We could also consider the new Lexus RX L but Toyota’s luxury brand is wrong to ask $66,250, or $10k more than the lovely regular RX for an oddly proportioned vehicle with a semi-useless 3rd row.
So Cadillac’s not the only brand to overcharge for one their products especially when a nice GMC Acadia Denali is roughly $8k less. I suppose it matters little as Cadillac surely will provide consumers with generous rebates quickly enough. In any case, there are nevertheless quite a few features in the new XT6.
Specifically, the base Premium Luxury model starts at $60,995 while the Sport model begins at $63,795. Standard features taken from the press release include:
- Seven standard airbags: Dual-stage frontal airbags for the driver and front passenger; seat-mounted side-impact airbags for the driver and front passenger; knee airbag for the driver; and roof rail-mounted head-curtain airbags for outboard positions of all three seating rows
- HD Rear Vision Camera with Remote Wash
- Forward Collision Alert
- Following Distance Indicator
- Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking
- Front Pedestrian Braking
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Safety Alert Seat
- Rear Seat Reminder
- Teen Driver
- Exotic wood finishes like Black Olive Ash or Carbon Fiber trim with ombré finish
- Bi-functional LED headlamps with IntelliBeam, LED daytime running lamps and LED taillamps
- 20-inch wheels
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel with power tilt/telescope function
- UltraView power sunroof with power sunshade
- Seven-passenger seating (six-passenger with second-row captain’s chairs available)
- Power-folding third-row seat and remote fold-down feature for the second-row seat
- Rotary controller with Cadillac-first jog function, complementing an intuitive touch-screen display
- Over-the-air vehicle software updates
- NFC phone paring for compatible phones
- Wireless charging for compatible phones4
- No-charge Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Six USB ports7 (two Type A and four Type C), one SD card slot and two 12-volt power outlets
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi® hotspot (includes 1 month or 3 GB, whichever comes first)8
- Cadillac Connected Access, with 10 years of standard connectivity which enables services such as vehicle diagnostics, dealer maintenance notification, Cadillac Smart Driver, Marketplace and more
The Cadillac XT6 arrives this spring.