This Super SUV is about technology, luxury, and performance.
HiPhi compares it to today’s smartphones which are all-encompassing.
It features a number of world-first technologies.
HiPhi is a premium automotive brand based in China and it has created what seems to be the most advanced vehicle ever built. This electric SUV encompasses some of the most advanced technologies, a plethora of luxury features, and a high-performance powertrain and it will hit the Chinese market early next year.
This SUV’s press release reads like a series of headlines all rolled into one document. But first, the HiPhi X is powered by a pair of 220 kW electric motors which are supplied energy by a 97 kW hour battery. The output is sufficient to send the X to 100 km/h in only 3.9 seconds. Two versions of the SUV will be available, one with a range of 550km (Founders Edition) or 630km (Extended Range) according to the WLPT (we assume). The 5.2-metre long HiPhi X includes rear-wheel steering for extra agility and manoeuvrability.
About all the tech, here’s the list, lifted from the press release:
– World-first mass-produced secure, developer-enabled HOA electrical architecture on a production vehicle
– World-first touch-free, door-handle-free production vehicle
– World-first production vehicle with touch-free, facial recognition entry
– World-first production vehicle equipped with ISD (Intelligent Signal Display)
– World-leading safety technology in remote battery management
– World-first smart vehicle to utilize graphical programming interface
– World-first production vehicle with customizable immersive cockpit
– World-first production vehicle with AI creation capability – poetry, paintings, and music
– World-first production car with multi-functional Touch-Pad steering wheel
– World-first Level 4 Autonomous Valet Parking (AVP) system on a production vehicle
– World-first 5G-V2X technology equipped on a production vehicle
Some of the X’s most striking features are its unique rear wing door design or what HiPhi calls ”NT Doors”. They can either open up or out and are completely touch-free and can be unlocked by facial recognition software. Another is the build-in Level 4 Autonomous Valet Parking (AVP) which other carmakers are only still exploring possibilities.
The production HiPhi X electric smart super SUV four-seater is on sale in China for RMB ￥800,000 ($117,200 USD at current exchange rates) and RMB ￥680,000 ($99,590 USD) for the six-seater. Interestingly, the first 3,000 owners will receive a lifetime service guarantee.