A good set of summer tires means performance, safety, and efficiency.
As always, when it comes to tires, you get exactly what you pay for.
March, and winter, are only days away from being a distant memory which means that for many Canadians and Americans, the time to swap over to our summer tires is fast approaching. Installing summer tires on our vehicles feels as good as a clean fresh set of bed sheets – better, if you ask us.
This year, unlike last year, product availability isn’t exactly an issue. If minor shortages or product unavailability arise, these are typically due to shipping delays. The wise bet would be to contact your favorite tire shop now so that an order can be placed soon.
The following is a quick enumeration of the better tire brands and models you can buy this year. We’ve collected the five best for compact and midsize cars, and crossovers as they make up the bulk of new vehicle sales in Canada.
Top 5 replacement all-season tires for cars
– Bridgestone Potenza RE980 A/S – Good water evacuation and performance, quiet.
– Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 – Excellent wet and dry grip, longevity, very good overall choice.
– Nokian zLine – Responsive, good wet and dry grip, durable, and very quiet.
– Pirelli P7 Cinturato All Season – Comfort biased, high mileage, quiet.
– Yokohama AVID Ascend GT– Very good wet and dry grip, quiet, and long-lasting.
Top 5 replacement performance tires for cars
– BFGoodrich g-Force Sport Comp 2– Impressive grip, good wet handling.
– Bridgestone Potenza RE050 – Impressive water evacuation and performance.
– Continental ExtremeContact Sport – Very good wet and dry grip.
– Hankook Ventus S1 evo3– Excellent wet and dry grip, properly quiet and comfortable.
– Michelin Pilot Sport 4S – Possibly the best overall high-performance tire.
Top 5 replacement tires for SUVs
– Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus – Quiet, comfortable, excellent choice.
– Goodyear Assurance ComfortDrive – Quiet, comfortable, good wet handling
– Michelin CrossClimate2 – Excellent wet and dry grip, durable, and responsive.
– Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II – Smooth, comfortable, long-lasting.
– Yokohama Geolandar G055 – High mileage and quiet tire, high praise from SUV owners.
With a good set of all-season, performance, or ultra-high performance tires, your car or SUV comes alive, and driving passions are reignited. A good set of summer tires for the fair season will promote confidence and a sense of safety that can never be underestimated.