- Tires are the most influential driving components on your car.
- When it comes to tires, you ALWAYS get what you pay for.
If you’ve not started shopping for your replacement summer tires on your car or SUV yet, worry not as unlike preparing for winter, there’s never really any rush to fit your vehicle with summer rubber. The real motivation is maximum driving performance and our desire to remove our often ugly winter wheels.
The following is a quick breakdown of the better tire brands and models you can buy this year. We’ve collected the five best for compact and midsize cars and crossovers as make up the bulk of new vehicle sales in Canada.
Top 5 replacement car tires
- Bridgestone Potenza RE980 A/S – Good water evacuation and performance, quiet.
- Continental TrueContact Tour – Excellent wet and dry grip, quiet.
- Michelin Premier A/S – Excellent wet and dry grip, longevity, very good overall choice
- Nokian zLine – Responsive, good wet and dry grip, durable and quiet.
- Pirelli P7 Cinturato All Season – Comfort biased, high mileage, quiet.
Top 5 replacement SUV tires
- Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus – Quiet, comfortable, excellent choice.
- Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Season – Responsive, good wet handling.
- Michelin CrossClimate SUV – Good wet and dry grip, responsive.
- Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II – Smooth, quiet, good overall handling.
- Yokohama Geolandar SUV – High mileage and quiet tire, high praise from SUV owners.