- The Ford Super Duty Tremor off-road package is available on several F-250 and F-350 trim levels
- Full list of extra hardware and software for serious off-road performance
- Pricing starts at $5,120 in Canada, $3,975 in the United States
The 2020 Ford Super Duty media drive took place in Arizona this week, and we’ll have plenty to talk about in a few days. In the meantime, here’s some video footage of the Ford Super Duty Tremor the automaker sent us, which shows the upgraded pickup in action around a custom-built off-road course we got to try out.
The Tremor isn’t a dedicated trim level, but an off-road package that’s available on all Crew Cab 4×4 variants of the Super Duty pickup, in XLT, Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum trims. It includes the following features:
- LT285/75R18 35-inch off-road tires
- 18-inch low-gloss black alloy wheels
- Unique front springs
- Rear electronic locking differential
- Limited-slip front differential
- Off-road running boards with textured matte black finish
- Skid plates for transfer case and fuel tank
- Unique front air dams for improved front approach angle
- Water fording vent tubes for transfer case and axles
- Rock Crawl mode
- Trail Control mode
- Tremor decals
- LT285/75R18E spare tire on conventional road wheel
- Eight-way power driver’s seat (on XLT trim level)
In addition to the self-explanatory Rock Crawl mode, one nifty new feature in the 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor is the Trail Control mode we’ll get to in our full review of the truck. The Tremor package has a lot more equipment for hardcore off-roading than the dusty-trail FX4 package that Ford also offers on the Super Duty in addition to the Ford F-150. It has 10.8 inches (274 mm) of ground clearance and a front approach angle of 31.65 degrees. In addition, a winch integrated in the front bumper can be added as an option.
The F-250 and F-350 equipped with the Tremor package will be a direct rival to the Ram 2500 Power Wagon and the GMC Sierra HD AT4. In Canada, the ensemble costs $5,790 on the XLT trim, and $5,120 on the Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum editions. In the U.S., it costs $3,975. However, buyers must also choose either the 7.3L gasoline V8 engine or the 6.7L Power Stroke turbo-diesel V8—lower trims get a 6.2L V8 as standard.
For now, there are no plans to introduce the Tremor package on the F-150. The 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor is now available for order in Canadian and U.S. dealerships.