Ford will use its presence at the Goodwood Festival of Speed to present a special GT supercar.
The 2019 edition of the Goodwood Festival of Speed is happening next month, and Ford just announced that they will unveil a new car there.
A Ford GT ultra-high-performance supercar will indeed be unveiled during the annual hill climb race. The supercar will be presented by Hermann Salenbauch, global director, Ford Performance, and Larry Holt, chief technical officer, Multimatic in a press conference on July 4th.
A teaser image was released and shows a Ford GT with a massive wing and roof scoop. The silhouette we see resembles the race version of the Ford GT, the one we just saw last weekend during the Le Mans 24 hours. That’s all we know so far on the upcoming special GT. The press conference will take place at 9:45 AM (local time) in the Drift Paddock.
Ford will also tackle the hill climb with numerous high-performance vehicles and race cars during the event. The 1.16-mile hill climb will see this list of cars try to set the fastest time or simply make a good show:
- The all-new Focus ST and all-new 760 hp Mustang Shelby GT500 making their U.K. debuts;
- The Ford Chip Ganassi Racing #66 Ford GT race car, fresh from the Le Mans 24 Hours;
- The M-Sport Ford World Rally Team’s Ford Fiesta WRC car – also appearing on the Goodwood rally stage;
- The 2018 NASCAR Championship-winning Team Penske Ford Fusion race car;
- The 1980 Ford Zakspeed Turbo Capri race car;
- Gymkhana TEN star Ken Block’s Hoonitruck and Escort RS Cosworth;
- Champion drifter Vaughn Gittin Jr.’s Ford Mustang RTR Drift car.