Sunday, April 11, 2021
News Bruce Springsteen DWI Charges Dropped, Jeep Commercial Returns

Bruce Springsteen DWI Charges Dropped, Jeep Commercial Returns

The Boss is back

  • Rocker was arrested for DWI, charges later dropped before court

  • Jeep had paused ad until court processes had been followed


The Boss is back and so is his Jeep ad. Prosecutors have dropped drunken and reckless driving charges against rocker Bruce Springsteen, and the Super Bowl Jeep commercial that was pulled once reports of his arrest surfaced is back on the automaker’s social media channels.

On February 11th, reports surfaced from TMZ that Springsteen had been arrested in November for DWI, reckless driving, and consuming alcohol in a closed area. Not long after, Jeep removed the two-minute commercial, titled Middle, from its social media channels and TV ad buys. At the time, Jeep said that “it would be inappropriate for us to comment on the details of a matter we have only read about and we cannot substantiate, but it’s also right that we pause our Big Game commercial until the actual facts can be established. Its message of community and unity is as relevant as ever. As is the message that drinking and driving can never be condoned.”

In a virtual courtroom proceeding yesterday, Reuters reports, the 71-year old Springsteen pleaded guilty to the charge of consuming alcohol at Sandy Hook Beach, part of a National Park Service recreation area where consumption is not permitted. Magistrate Anthony Mautone imposed a US $500 fine plus $40 in fees.

The charges of drinking and driving were dropped by Assistant U.S. Attorney Adam Baker, who said that Springsteen’s blood alcohol level was 0.02 percent, just a quarter of the state’s legal limit for driving. Baker said that prosecutors could not prove the reckless driving case and that was also dropped.

Springsteen admitted to drinking “two small shots of tequila” before getting on his motorcycle. He was reportedly offered the drinks by fans who were at the beach.

The Jeep commercial was back on the company’s channels this morning, and Reuters reported a statement from the brand as follows, “As we stated previously, we paused the commercial until the facts were established. Now that the matter has been resolved, we are unpausing the film.”

 

 

Trending Now

Polestar Announces Goal of Carbon Neutral Car by 2030

Polestar 0 for zero net emissions in construction and lifecycle Ambitious target of 2030 recognises immediacy of climate change Polestar is working on a...

Tesla Reports Record Deliveries in Q1

Deliveries exceeded cars built in Q1 Automaker expects new Model S, X production to ramp up soon Telsa has just issued its latest delivery...

All-New Honda EV Making First Appearance at Shanghai Auto Show

First EV for China from Honda coming this month Automaker also planning to show a new PHEV Honda has said it is planning to...

Saskatchewan To Charge EV Owners A $150 Annual Tax

It will be used to recoup fuel tax money. The new fee goes into effect on October 1st. Hybrids could be next on...

Ford Adds Enthusiast Edition Explorer ST, RWD and Hybrid Platinums

An ST with four stacks less on the MSRP More economical Platinum trims also new Three new trim levels are joining the Ford Explorer...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.